Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Life isn't always fair

I started training my replacement yesterday. She is nice enough, but I think overconfident. Since she has a certification and has taught for the past few years in California, she seems to confident in handling the kids with no problem. She has limited experience with autistic kids. In all honestly, she probably will do an excellent job from the get-go with all but one who she is underestimating. Naturally, he was in a great mood yesterday until she wasn't around at the end of the day. I guess she'll figure it out soon enough.

I think today will be a much harder day for me than yesterday was. I'm really going to miss the kids. The teachers I work with were so supportive of me yesterday and disappointed I didn't get the position. Ryan was as bummed out about it as I was. I wrote up a "things to know" list for the new para and showed it to Ryan. He took it to the principal and showed it to her pointing out that by doing that I was demonstrating that for me it was all about the kids. My only snarky comment of the day was when I told him it certainly wasn't for the replacement.

So, now I have to go be nice and pave the way for a good experience for the new para. I really don't feel like it today, but I will. Sometimes life isn't fair. Sometimes life sucks. But it is what it is.

No comments: